Works like Uber but for Mortgages
Canadian Mortgage App (CMA) is one of Canada’s most popular mortgage apps. It offers innovative tools, calculators and up-to-date information to help people make smarter financial decisions.
Having more than 700K+ consumers and 23K+ industry professionals on the same platform has allowed CMA to grow into an exciting and vibrant digital ecosystem.
What is the CMA Referral Program?
We know that Mortgages are more than numbers, they are complex transactions, and our users require professional guidance and creative solutions beyond our app.
Thus, we are inviting tech-enabled mortgage professionals with an opportunity to participate in an ever-evolving digital ecosystem.
Our app will connect you to next-generation consumers who need professional advice, comparative lender search and most importantly, the human touch.
How it works
- Consumers download our generic app and create an account.
- They can use all the tools, including a comprehensive Pre-Qualification process that includes 13 questions.
- At anytime, they can decide to connect with a mortgage professional for approval.
- We ask another 10 questions to confirm their intentions, and verify their contact number.
- They expressively consent to be contacted and Submit the request along with all their data.
Broker Partner View
- BOOM. Instantly, you’ll receive a push message…but wait, the lead is NOT yours (yet)
- You will be able to preview all the lead’s info (except for the contact info and name) before “accepting” it .
- If you like what you see and you have time to contact the user. Tap Accept, and the lead is yours and ONLY yours.
Since the lead is exclusively assigned to you, we mandate it that you contact them within seconds.
- Call or text your future client. Have an initial conversation and work out the next steps.
- Upon initial contact, mark the deal in your app as “contacted,” so we know things went well.
- Payment happens via your credit card every week.
Preview first then "Accept"
Why pay before seeing the goods?
Our 23 step process will offer you this info
- Name and confirmed contact info
- Preferred contact method and language
- Location (city/province)
- User Notes & Comment (if supplied)
- Purchase / Refinance / Renewal / Switch
- Mortgage Amount
- Down payment Amount
- Maturity date (if applicable)
- Existing rate offering (if applicable)
- Gross annual income
- Existing debt payments or loan balances
- Employment type
- Self-reported credit score or range
- Rental plans and anticipated rental income
- Pre-qualified purchase price
- Pre-qualified loan amount and insurability
- Preferred rate, rate type and term
How we distribute leads
By design, the Canadian mortgage app is a neutral–brand-agnostic mobile app, that does not promote, recommend or endorse any financial institution or professionals.
However, when it comes to connecting our users, we are pretty picky. We only want the best for our users and, of course, the most optimal conversion for you.
We know that conversion is greatly improved when consumers and their mortgage broker naturally develop mutual trust within the first few seconds of contact.
One of the key elements that allow us to build trust is having commonalities with our fellow humans.
Thus, we have been developing an intelligent request notification and distribution platform that uses AI to match the user with the right agent at the right time. Our machine learning algorithm continuously analyzes historical data to optimize the overall platform to improve the system over time.
Response in Seconds (not minutes)
Forget about scheduling a meeting for the next day, our users want NOW, and they are willing to download an app, answer 23 questions, confirm their email and phone number to make it happen.
This is why we ensure requests to be sent to you in REAL-TIME.
Like literally, the moment you get a push notification is the exact moment that the person lifted their finger from the submit button. Thus it is important, in fact, mandated that you contact the user as soon as you accept the lead. As a simple rule, if you are unable to contact the user in seconds, don’t accept the lead and give another broker a chance.
Another benefit of speed is conversion. Harvard did a study and analyzed 15,000 leads and 3 years of phone call data, and they found out that after 5 minutes, your response conversion decreases by 10x.
Cost to join
There are two parts to the program.
First, you need an active CMA PRO account as a pre-requisite. You can obtain that from the app store/google play or by contacting our support team.
Second, each request that you choose to accept comes at a cost. The actual cost depends on your region, volume commitment and conversion ratio. However, the price starts at $100/lead.
How to join
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or book a zoom call here
Yes and No.
The initial notification is submitted to multiple agents, but it does not reveal the user’s contact info.
Once you accept the lead and reveal the contact info, no other broker has access.
You can stop accepting leads and let us know to remove you. You will only be billed for the leads you accepted.
The system will automatically select you based on data we obtain from the user and your previous engagements/success.
We process billing on a weekly / bi-weekly basis. You will need to provide us with a credit card to process the billing.
There is no minimum.
You can accept as little or as many leads as you can handle.
We work with many companies and many brands. However, CMA PRO is its own stand-alone product, which comes with its own costs and expenses.
Possible but not initially.
Our responsibility is to ensure leads are verified people and you do not receive spam. Not to mention developing, operating, maintaining and marketing the tech that enables it all.
We do not intend or even attempt to also manage your business, track your work, train you, teach you how to follow up, what to say, or how you can improve your sales (wo)man-ship.
Your responsibility is the mortgage transaction, the nurturing and closing of the deals. Our responsibility is to make sure only qualified leads and verified contact details make it through.
Having said that, if you can demonstrate a consistently exceptional closing ratio, then we may consider a split model with you.
Initially, you will be required to pay per lead until you can prove your skills and we’d be happy to discuss this option.